Women's Health & Robotic Surgery
Traditional open surgery has been the "gold standard" approach to many gynecologic procedures. At Hartford Hospital, many procedures for women are now performed with an assist from the da Vinci Surgical System robot.
- Repair of uterine/vaginal prolapse.
- Surgery for early-stage ovarian cancer.
- Total hysterectomy with oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries) and pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy for endometrial cancer.
- Hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries for patients with increased genetic risk of ovarian cancer.
- Hysterectomy with or without removal or the ovaries for carcinoma in situ of the cervix.
- Hysterectomy for endometriosis or fibroids in selected patients.
Click here to learn more about robotic hysterectomy