Our Graduate Nurse Residency Program will provide the new graduate nurse the opportunity to:
- Partner with a Registered Nurse Preceptor in a work/study environment to increase your competency providing care to the acutely ill adult medical-surgical patient
- Our nine-week orientation includes a combination of didactic, simulation and clinical opportunities
- Attend a number of monthly presentations with other new graduates that include
- Education on a variety of topics that will assist the new graduate to make the transition from student to professional nurse
- Support group time with peers
- “Nursing Scholar program: Best Evidence in Practice”
- Opportunity for a limited number of new graduate nurses to work with an assigned mentor and an experienced staff RN on a specific Evidence Based Project
- These positions will be filled by an application process per division
The objectives of the Graduate Nurse Residency Program are to:
- Provide a structured first-work experience that promotes professional growth and development
- Create a positive, safe learning environment that promotes trust and respect
- Promote strong collegial relationships through integration of the new graduate nurse into unit and hospital initiative
- Foster the visible contribution of the professional nurse
- Promote the concept of life-long learning
- New graduate nurses hired to start in July and September are enrolled in the Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
- The new graduate nurse must successfully pass NCLEX prior to the start of orientation
- The new graduate nurse must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred)
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate Nurse Residency Openings:
Click one of the following links to see if a Graduate Nurse Residency position is available (position will only be available during the application period stated above):
Please select ‘External Job Postings’ to view publicly available openings.
Please select ‘Internal Job Postings’ if you are currently an employee of Hartford Healthcare.