Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute
When you have a urologic or kidney problem, you want the very best medical team on your side—one with unsurpassed expertise, vast experience and mastery of today’s most advanced treatments. That’s exactly what you’ll find at the Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute at Hartford Hospital. Tallwood’s urologists and nephrologists (kidney doctors) are recognized leaders in their fields. Many pioneered treatments that have become the gold standard of care nationwide. Best of all, these gifted, caring professionals work together seamlessly to ensure fully integrated medical and surgical management of all urologic and kidney disorders.
Innovation & Experience:
Through our Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), Hartford Hospital provides the only minimally invasive training center in New England using the da Vinci robot. This means that surgeons from hospitals across the country are trained in all types of robotic surgery, including urologic robotic surgery, by Hartford Hospital’s physicians and CESI staff.
We perform the largest number of robotic:
- We have the largest number of urologists with minimally invasive surgical
fellowships in a urology practice in the state.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Prostatectomies in the State of Connecticut.
- Partial nephrectomies in New England
- Cystectomies (bladder removal) in New England.
General Urology: Urinary issues, infertility, prostate
Specialized Urology: Stone disease, nephrostomy, lithotripsy
Urologic cancer: Kidney, prostate, testes
Pelvic disorders: Incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders are widespread and affect women and men of all ages.
Minimally Invasive Surgery: We have extensive experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Medical Management of Kidney Disease: Our expert nephrologists specialize in medical management of kidney disease.
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chronic kidney disease/renal failure
- End-stage renal disease and dialysis
- Kidney transplantation
- Polycystic kidney disease and other hereditary kidney diseases
- Electrolyte disorders/hyponatremia
- Dialysis access management