The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
is a ten-week course that meets twice weekly. It is designed to provide comprehensive care to individuals with pulmonary disease. Once enrolled in the program, you will work with a team of pulmonary rehabilitation specialists who will tailor the program to meet your specific needs.
Who should attend?
The comprehensive program is designed for patients with pulmonary diseases such as emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis, fibrosis and others...
- Whose shortness of breath compromises their lifestyle
- Who want to learn more about their disease and ways to manage it
- Who want to learn ways to improve their breathing
- Who want to attain the highest level of independent function
Through breathing retraining, regular exercise and proper nutrition most participants have significantly improved their quality of life.
What are the Benefits?
For many graduates, the program has been able to help:
- Control and alleviate symptoms
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Decrease anxiety and depression commonly associated with pulmonary disease
- Learn more about their disease
- Feel better about themselves
What education sessions are included in the program?
- Stress management
- Respiratory medications
- Oxygen therapy
- Anatomy of the respiratory system
- and much more!
When are the sessions held?
The sessions are held at Hartford Hospital on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Time slots for the program are 12 – 2 pm and 1 – 3 pm. Please call for availability.
Will my insurance cover this program?
Most insurances do cover pulmonary rehabilitation. Our staff will contact the insurance company to find out coverage prior to admission.
Where do I park?
There is complimentary valet parking
available for participants of the program.
I also have a heart condition... is this program right for me?
Many people with cardiac disease
who are on a stable treatment plan are able to participate in pulmonary rehabilitation. Ask your doctor if this program is right for you. Click here to visit the Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation page.
How do I get started?
A referral from your physician is required. Our staff will contact you to set up an appointment once the required information has been received from your physician.
For more information: