Hartford Hospital offers three options for parking:
1. Valet Services located on Seymour Street in the circular drive in front of the Admitting entrance (#1 on map), and at the Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center (#13 on map) for patients of that Center.
2. Self-parking at the Public Parking Garage (#25 on map) conveniently attached to the 85 Seymour Street Medical Office Building.
3. Self-parking at the Retreat Avenue Garage (#26 on map) on 100 Retreat Avenue, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays.
Note that handicapped parking is located on Seymour Street in the circular drive in front of the Admitting entrance (#1 on the map). There will be no charge for parking - please ask a Security Officer for assistance, if needed.
Hours of Operation: In front of the hospital’s main entrance (#1 on the map):
- Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Valet fee: Valet services require a fee of $5 for four or less hours of parking, $10 for more than four to 24 hours of parking per day.
Valet parking is free for the following patients:
- Patients being admitted and discharged (one vehicle on day of admission and one vehicle on day of discharge)
- Dialysis and MRI patients
- Emergency Department patients
- Sleep Disorder Center patients
- GI, Endoscopy and Ambulatory Surgery patients
- Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center patients
- Rehabilitation Department patients on day of admission and discharge
If you are being admitted or discharged, please inform the valet staff, and your parking will be free.
Tipping for valet service is not allowed. Please know that our valet providers are sufficiently compensated for their services.
Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center
Free valet service will be granted at the entrance to the Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center (#13 on the map) on 85 Retreat Avenue for Cancer Center patients only.
Valet service is available:
- Monday through Friday from 5:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - Go to the hospital's main entrance for valet parking on weekends
The Public Parking Garage (#25 on the map) is attached to Hartford Hospital’s Medical Office Building at 85 Seymour Street and is accessible 24 hours a day. Cashiers are available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. On weekends, cashiers are available from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. During off hours, please see the Security Officer stationed at the entrance to our Emergency Department.
The Retreat Avenue Garage (# 26 on the map) is open weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. It is not open on weekends.
Garage parkers will be charged $1 per hour up to a maximum daily rate of $8.
Valet service is $5 for four or less hours of parking, $10 for more than four to 24 hours per day.
Weekly ($20) and monthly ($65) parking passes are available for patients and patients’ families at discounted rates at Hartford Hospital’s Cashier’s Office on the first floor, Room 136, from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or at Hartford Hospital’s Auxiliary Store (in the Main Lobby) from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Security Escort Services
Whether your stay is long or short term, Hartford Hospital’s Security Department will provide staff and visitors with personal escort service to buildings on our Main campus, Womens Health (Park St.) and The Institute of Living campus. A daily shuttle service is also offered that stops at locations throughout the campus (Main and Institute of Living).
To request an escort, or for any assistance during your use of our garages or valet service, please contact our Security Office at (860) 545-2147. If valet service is closed, please see the Security Officer in the Emergency Department for assistance.