The Autism Consultation Service offers a multidisciplinary assessment and consultation service for school-aged children who are within the Autism Spectrum. The team of specialists develops a functional plan and recommendations for the child's optimal functioning at home, at school, and in the community.
Team of Consultants
- Robert Sahl, M.D. Medical Director, Child & Adolescent Services
Director, Autism Consultation Service
- Mary Anne Lothstein, Ph.D. Senior Psychologist
- Stephanie Zapatka, M.S. Educational Evaluator/Coordinator
- Barbara T. Bard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP Speech Language Pathologist
- Michal Assaf, M.D. Research Coordinator
- Michael Stevens, Ph.D. Research Director
Consultations will be individually tailored to meet the unique attributes and need of the child and may include the following components:
- review of prior records and assessments
- rating scales completed by parents and teachers
- planning session with parents
- diagnostic interviews with interdisciplinary team members
- standardized testing: educational, psychological, and the ADOS*
- feedback session: presentation of functional assessment and recommendations to parents
*(Referrals may be made for speech and language evaluations or neuropsychological testing for an additional fee.)
The consultation report is a functional assessment which will reflect the integration of the finding from the above evaluations into a practical plan with recommendations for enhanced diagnostic understanding and functioning. Cooperation with the child's school district is required. Referring community based physicians, clinicians, and treatment programs may be included in the consultation and benefit from the recommendations and on-going consultative support if requested.
Pre-payment in full is required. This functional assessment is not covered by medical insurance. MasterCard, Visa, or certified checks are accepted.
Please call Dr. Sahl's office at (860) 545-7493 for information and if you wish to schedule a consultation.