During your initial consultation, we will compile your complete medical history and give you a thorough physical examination to determine if the hernia is complex or not.
- Open Tension Free Mesh Repair
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Totally Extraperitoneal
- Transabdominal Preperitoneal Approaches
- Open Umbilical Hernia Repair with or without mesh
- Laparoscopic Umbilical/Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repairs with mesh
- Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Endoscopic/Open Component Separation Techniques
We use a variety of anesthetic techniques, including epidural, spinal and general anesthesia. An anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist will be in attendance at all times.
Your surgery will be performed with a dedicated team at Hartford Hospital or at the state- of-the-art West Hartford Surgery Center
at Blue Back Square. These facilities are dedicated to outpatient surgical care and ensure patients’ safety while combining the best of hospital care with the ease of a same-day surgical setting.
The physicians and staff are regionally recognized experts in innovative hernia surgery and modern techniques. Hartford Hospital is a referral center for complex hernias and advanced care. Our Hernia Center has four fellowship-trained minimally invasive surgeons with a special interest in hernia repair and biomaterials and three dedicated plastic surgeons interested in abdominal wall reconstruction.